Alaska Personal Injury Attorneys

Located in Anchorage

800.405.2092

March

Blog Posts in March, 2011

  • CPSC Failed to Investigate Some Crib Bumper Cases.

    The Chicago Tribune (3/30, Gabler) reported there are "at least 17 cases where the Consumer Product Safety Commission did not investigate a child's death, even though the agency had reports on file suggesting bumper pads" in cribs "played roles in the fatalities." The Chicago Tribune "looked into some of the cases and found that medical examiners and coroners said bumper pads were involved in the ...
    Continue Reading
  • $233,000 Awarded in a Medical Malpractice Action Against YKHC

    Earlier this month, a verdict exceeding $233,000 was awarded in a medical malpractice action against the St. Mary's Subregional Clinic and the Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation ("YKHC") in Alaska. A mother initiated the matter, through her attorney, Michele Power, at the Power and Brown law firm in Alaska, after inadequate medical care caused her 14 month old son to develop sepsis. Following ...
    Continue Reading
  • Opioid Painkillers Linked to Birth Defects

    The Los Angeles Times "Booster Shots" blog (3/2, Maugh II) reported, "Consuming opioid pain relievers such as codeine, oxycodone or hydrocodone just before pregnancy or early in pregnancy increases the risk of certain birth defects, especially congenital heart defects," according to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Cheryl S. ...
    Continue Reading
  • Strollers Recalled Due to Amputation and Laceration Hazards

    Jogging strollers sold by phil&teds USA, Inc, of Fort Collins, Colorado, have been recalled due to amputation and laceration hazards. When folding and unfolding the stroller, a consumer's finger may become caught in the hinge mechanism, posing amputation and laceration hazards. Recall information about this and other phil&teds products can be found on the company's website.
    Continue Reading
  • Alcohol wipes maker sued over boy's fatal infection.

    The AP (2/28) reported alcohol wipe manufacturer Triad Group "is being sued by a Texas couple who lost their 2-year-old son to a fatal bacterial infection." According to Shanoop and Sandra Kothari's attorney, "the boy was exposed to Triad alcohol pads after he had a benign cyst removed from his brain." Donald Kidd "says the alcohol pads had bacteria contamination that caused the boy's death." The ...
    Continue Reading
Page 1 of 1